1855 – Family Beginnings
In 1855 T.J. Robinson became a Solicitor and founded the firm. His son, James Wallace Robinson, qualified in 1873 and T.J. Robinson’s grandson, Thomas Wallace Robinson, qualified in 1884. They both became partners in the firm, as did James’s grandson Sydney Robinson. Just prior to the First World War T.W. Robinson took Charles Henry Morgan into the partnership..
The firm was based in Colmore Row, Birmingham until the 1920s when it moved to 52 Newhall Street. Bill Cartwright joined the firm in 1924 becoming a partner in 1945 and remained until he retired as a consultant in 1994.